Thursday 4 June 2020

Hello Knitting Chums

I had the bright idea to knit myself a very complicated jumper for our holiday later on in the year. Plenty of time at the moment right? I have made heavily patterned garments before, lots of Fair Isle and such. But with those patterns you do get a fair amount of pattern repeat which I find helps with the rhythm of knitting. Not so with this beast.

Wedgewood by Martin Storey
I have knitted about 8 inches so far and as every row is different my eyes boggle when I look at the chart. Each row is taking about 30 minutes. But I must press on otherwise I will have wasted money on the yarn and of course I won't have my impressive jumper for my hols, and that will not do.

I wonder if I take a copy of the pattern and enlarge it, would it make it easier? Then I could also cross through the rows I have completed as I do it. Mmmmm any thoughts folks?

The pattern is from one of the gorgeously lush Rowan knitting & crochet magazines.


I have also nearly finished a little blanket for Morgana the kitten. I just need to crochet an edging.





This has been made from washable wool that I had in my yarn stash. Left overs really from other projects so hasn't cost any extra. And of course sooooo easy to knit. The edging should give it a bit of a flourish.


2 comments:

  1. The wedgwood jumper looks lovely - but sounds rather complicated! Unfortunately I'm not a knitter - my knitting days making dolls scarves were at infant school (am now 55!). I'm sure Miss Morgana will soon have her little claws in that special little blanket - she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm sure she will. I hope it feels nice and cosy for her. I'm thinking to put a hot water bottle in her bed for her first few weeks with us as she will be used to snuggling up next to her siblings. x

      Delete

My Journey To Health - A Morning Walk

Up early this morning, bedlinen on the line, yes the weather is holding. Booked my Zumba class for Monday week, you have to get up early to ...