Sunday 11 May 2014

Anyone for Venice?

I don't know if any of you blogging folk are taking a trip to Venice this year, but if you are, there looks to be a cracking exhibition on at The Palazzo Grassi Museum.


This 18th century gorgeous Venetian classic is located on the Grand Canal.
Until 31st December they are showing an Irving Penn exhibition, which I heard about by chance through Twitter, and of course felt duty bound to mention to you, my internet chums.


For the photographic aficionados amongst you, the exhibition contains 90 platinum prints, 30 gelatin silver prints, 4 colourful dye transfer prints and 17 internegatives, all of which are being shown for the first time to the public.

It's a shame if you can't make it to Venice, but you could attend one of my workshops in East Sussex instead, almost the same really.


A hello and welcome to Helen who has joined my little band of google followers.

6 comments:

  1. Ah! Ah! I know about this guy Irving Penn...
    American...Died 2009...Aged 92..He married
    at Chelsea Register Office...To a model, had
    son..Tom....uuuuuM! Photographer of fashion,
    still life and portraits...worked for Vogue Mag.
    That's it....that's all l know....! :).

    Venice...Well, that's a very wet place in north
    Italy....Not as nice as Sicily...! HeHe! :>).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Venice, Sicily I love it all.

    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi: I would love to go to Venice. Thank you for your visit. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Margaret Lockwood jumper pattern - I wonder if you remember her? You're probably even too young to remember her daughter Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only time I've seen Margaret in a film was on tv in The Wicked lady, yonks ago mind. Didn't know she had a famous daughter as well.

    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to Italy next week, I must try to get OH to take me there. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

My Journey To Health - A Morning Walk

Up early this morning, bedlinen on the line, yes the weather is holding. Booked my Zumba class for Monday week, you have to get up early to ...