Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas Eve at Ours.

Christmas Eve at last. I admit to enjoying the season and this year having more time to spend with friends and family has been great. I've made good use of my National Trust membership in the last few weeks and seen many a period house decked out for the festivities. At home It's been quite calm and relaxed and I must say all in all it's been a lovely lead up to our own Christmas celebrations.

But I'll be glad to see the back of all the frenetic shopping which seems to have been going on for weeks in the high street, which I've largely succeeded in avoiding.

We don't go mad on present buying in this house but we do try and get a few special things for our kin and friends. Brucels the bear has at last received his Fair Isle jumper. A little bit previous I know but it is cold.

Meanwhile Pendragon seems happy enough to have taken delivery of a new box to jump in. She will be getting some culinary treats tomorrow as well.



The rest of us are content to wait until Christmas morning for our gifts.

And to you dear blogging chums and readers, I wish a very happy Christmas. I hope you are all with the people you want to be with, enjoying simple pleasures over the holiday period. I'm looking forward to an exciting and positive 2014 and I hope you are too.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL.


PS If you want to see a film that will warm your cockles, nip over to one of my favourite blogs now.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh - all I want for Christmas is Pendragon! Have a happy time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, I hope you enjoy the festivities.

      Delete

Time Travelling

On our way to Mr. Straw's house the Mr and I popped along to take a look at Clumber Park. It is a 3,800 acre estate set within Sh...