Wednesday 8 May 2013

Did You Know This About Her Maj ?

Her Maj has her own secret code to signal things to her staff especially when she feels the need to move on. And it's all to do with where she puts her handbag, how queer ?

If she wants to leave a dinner in five minutes she puts her handbag on the table. If she moves her handbag from arm to arm it signals to her aides she is tired of talking to someone.

What probably isn't a secret is that like her dear departed mother she enjoys a drink. She 'takes' a Dubonnet and Gin cocktail, called a Zaza, served with lots of ice and lemon, before lunch. She drinks wine with lunch and a dry Martini and a glass of champagne in the evening. That's six units a day, which makes her a binge drinker by current government health standards.


Oh, and apparently, again following in dear mama's footsteps she supports Arsenal football club.

No wonder 007 took her along to help him open the Olympics.

(I found out all this and more in the March issue of 'Best of British' magazine)

3 comments:

  1. Golly - I'm shocked. I hadn't a clue that she was a boozer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~ Me either, but I think I like her more for this! ~ More human....~ I will be thinking of you, when I see the hand bag shuffle!! Love Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fascinating! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Real People Real Times

Hello blogging chums, it has been a while. A horrible bout of ill health, now under control has prevailed, it mysteriously took my blogging ...