Sunday 8 April 2012

Weavers, Spinners and Dyers.

In the hope that I may have some spare time soon to learn some new skills, I joined the East Sussex Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers. Turns out you don't need to know how to do any of that stuff to join, they're happy for you just to go along and learn at your own speed.
 It meets once a month in a local village hall and has turned out to be the most splendid place for meeting truly creative people, who are more than happy to share their knowledge. 

Firstly I really want to improve on my knitting skills and also to feel at least comfortable with crochet.
Then I think later on in the year I will try my hand at spinning and dyeing yarn. One of the members who also comes to my weekly knitting group has offered to lend me one of her spinning wheels to see if I can get on with it and like it. Brillaint eh?

Then I can attend reasonably priced workshops like this.
 This is an image from a workshop 'Celtic Dyeing Day' at Fishbourne Palace. Next up is 'Colours of the Romans', dyeing with Alum Mordant, doesn't that sound just like a poison our Agatha C would know all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Journey To Health - A Morning Walk

Up early this morning, bedlinen on the line, yes the weather is holding. Booked my Zumba class for Monday week, you have to get up early to ...