Tuesday 21 February 2012

New Cushions

It's a terrible thing to admit for such a thrifty girl, but I do tire of cushions very quickly. I don't mean the use of them, oh no, we all love a bit of comfort. It's just I have them for a while, then they start to look the wrong size, or colour and they start to irritate me.

Last summer I had this idea to throw frugality to the wind, and to ask a local maker to create some unique bespoke cushions, appliqued with images of my cat Pendragon and my beloved dog of choice the Wire Fox Terrier.
These examples are not they. Unfortunately within days of my asking Carola van Dyke to fashion my cushions, Mary Portas discovered her. And now they grace the House of Fraser at £70.00 a pop. Needless to say I didn't get my cushions, as Carola was rushed off her feet.

Almost broken but not beaten, I have continued my search for some new cushions. Today I found them, huzzah!
In the form of the humble postage stamp. Now if there's one thing I like more than a bespoke expensive applique cushion, it's a very cheap one with Royal connections. £8.00 at Matalan, I bought two, and I couldn't be more chuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Travelling

On our way to Mr. Straw's house the Mr and I popped along to take a look at Clumber Park. It is a 3,800 acre estate set within Sh...