Monday 19 December 2011

Hand Made Christmas


I've given the old hand made a bit of a bash this year, it's always something I mean to do but never quite get around to. Not presents for other people you understand, just cards and a wreath for my door, something for my mother in law's door will be following at the end of the week. I'll try and remember to take a picture of that too.


This is the design for my hand screen printed cards, my inspiration was an old 1950's glass.
I sent one of these to my son, who's living in Cheshire at the moment, and he called me to say how much he liked it. I had a little chuckle to myself whilst looking at his tree decorations made at nursery, still gracing my tree after 18 years or so. Funny how the roles reverse with your children eh?
I went to a workshop to learn how to make this wreath. Wonderful learning a new skill because not only can I always make my own in future but possibly make some to sell next year.

Apart from the florist wire and the copper base everything else was found. Fir cones, ivy with lovely dark berries and my favourite, pheasant feathers.

I'd love to be able to say this is also something I have 'just' made but no, this image is from the Templar Poetry Society's web site.

Oh, the rising of the sun and the running of the deer....................



No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Travelling

On our way to Mr. Straw's house the Mr and I popped along to take a look at Clumber Park. It is a 3,800 acre estate set within Sh...