Tuesday 7 December 2021

Colourful Kitchen

 








Having decided I would go ahead and re-paint the kitchen cupboards I toyed with a few colour combos. I knew I was definitely going to use Annie Sloan chalk paint as it is so easy to use and has a great finish, especially after two coats of matt clear varnish, courtesy of Wilko. Better I think than waxing. 

The cupboards were previously painted with Little Greene paints in neutral colours, and the dresser in an olive green, but I have to say I was not impressed with the coverage nor longevity. Although I decided not to over paint the top of the dresser, to create a bit more interest.

The two samples above were Scandinavian Pink and Antibes Green. The green in reality was a bit too urgent for me. So after some more sampling I went for Tilton and Primer Red. I adore the richness of the Prime Red. you may have spotted the same colour on my bedroom chest of drawers.

It's lovely to have it all finished, which means I can now concentrate on my somewhat strange crochet housecoat. I'm becoming increasingly keen to finish it what with the chilly weather an all. Talking of slightly 'odd' knitwear have you all discovered Tom Daley's new crochet/knit site? It's fab but a wee bit bonkers, click here to take a squiz.

Keep safe and warm till next time.

5 comments:

  1. A lovely rich colour and suits the cabinets.🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous re-do Jean!! Now those colors are my kind of colors.... They would work very well in my "primitive" world. What a brave soul you are to take on a project like that. Can you believe I have yet to try Annie Sloan's paint?? So many people have raved about it for many years already....but I'm not much of a painter. It's a task that is contraindicated for the klutz in me. Even though I am not a knitter/crocheter, I popped over and took a peek at Tom Daley's site. I have one word: Hmmmmm. ;-) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin, glad you like my colour choices, I'm very happy with them. Thanks for dropping by. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colours! I wouldn't dare to paint my kitchen myself my max is a door frame or touching up scrapes on a wall LOL! I did have a peak on Tom Daley's site. I rather enjoyed it although I couldn't find the crochet but I'll go back in and have another look :-). keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Morgana Extends A Warm Welcome To My Latest Followers

100 followers and counting. Thank you all.