Sunday 28 November 2021

Snowed In But Keeping Busy

 


We managed a brief outing to Bakewell this morning, to get some fresh air and to enjoy a local Christmas event at the agricultural centre. Mulled wine, big eyed reindeer and a few pennies spent, back home before the snow descended again, to crack on with some work.

I have been extra busy chalk painting my kitchen cupboards. Still quite a lot to do before I'm finished but I have managed to fit in a little time to work on a crochet housecoat. I have been inspired by some very expensive garments I spied on line at Bergdorf Goodman and Anthropologie. Plus a rather beautiful painting of Iris Tree courtesy of Philip Mould.







The snow globe view at the top of this post is a view from one of our lounge windows. A Mountain Ash which until a few days ago was covered in red berries, now providing some much needed food for our lovely birds. I'm glad we didn't cut it back too soon.

Keep warm and safe my chickadees.





4 comments:

  1. I had heard parts of the UK had been pummeled by storms, but not knowing where they had hit or where you're at, I didn't expect to see a snowy scene on your blog. Hope you are staying safe and cozy. We are expecting more snow tomorrow, but only a few inches. Too bad you don't have that housecoat done to cozy up in! That one photo (made of granny squares) looks so snuggly....the perfect between a robe and a comforter! Between your post and another I saw of a beautiful chunky throw, I almost wish I could crochet/knit... Note: I said "almost"...I really don't need another obsession. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, I too wish my housecoat was ready to wear. Although I have to say our log burner is doing a pretty good job of keeping us all cosy. In a few days i will have finished painting our kitchen and then I can concentrate on getting the coat finished. Hopefully no more snow for us as we have a planned London trip to see Mary Poppins. The musical sadly not the person, ha ha.

      Delete
  2. I remember as a little girl in the 60's, our next door neighbour was forever making me crocheted garments - I had dresses, a long waistcoat, jumpers, etc., they were all the rage!! She did all this for free as well as she loved her crochet hobby. The snowy scene from your lounge window looks beautiful. We've still got lots of snow (Nottinghamshire). I bet Bakewell looked very Christmassy in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, thanks for stopping by. Bakewell was lovely, they had a brass band playing and it was so nice seeing everybody out with their families despite the cold. It was just perfect and we got home before the snow started again. Jean

    ReplyDelete

Morgana Extends A Warm Welcome To My Latest Followers

100 followers and counting. Thank you all.