Saturday 13 November 2021

Country House Style Curtains




 Oh my, these curtains have been a long time coming. What with one thing or another. And in truth they are not exactly the way they should have been. BUT, I bloomin love them. The tiny ditsy flowers remind me of the heritage designs that Laura Ashley did so well, sadly no longer available. They complete my bedroom revamp and I couldn't be happier.

So today I have started on a little freshen up in the kitchen, featuring some lush Annie Sloan paint.  This really will be my last job in the house for the forseeable future. It's only taken five years to totally transform the house. What ever will she do next? I hear you cry. Well of course I have other things to be getting on with, which I'll share with you shortly.  

Have a great weekend everyone.


8 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous curtains and the trim is perfect. How well the patterns match. They frame your window so well and they enhance that wonderful view too as if it were a painting. We are still decorating in our place and we have been here over 32 years. I firmly believe it is best not to rush as until you live in a place for awhile you don’t get the feel of it and how it suits you and what you need to change. Keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amanda, thank you for your lovely comments. Yes I agree it is best to take your time with decorating, you get the feel of the house and also ideas change and evolve. It sometimes means you have a bit more of a budget too, or/and more time to seek out the bargains. Jean. x

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love your curtains!! Such a shame that Laura Ashley shops have closed. We had one just 5 miles from us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs. LH, thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. I miss the Laura Ashley shops too. Jean. x

      Delete
  3. These curtains are the bees' knees! Absolutely LOVE them!! You made them?? Very impressive!! 5 years to redo your whole home? Yikes...I feel like a sloth now... I have yet to completely get settled from WWR (When We Remodeled)...so many boxes yet to sort through and purge, things to hang, etc. And what fantastic views from your bedroom windows!!! EEEK!!! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Robin. No I didn't make the curtains, I made the previous ones, which is why they needed replacing, ha ha. The views from our house are wonderful, which is the main reason we bought the house, we love it. Jean. x

      Delete
  4. They look lovely and go so well in your room, it's always those final things which finish a room off. I'm glad your happy with the finished look.

    ReplyDelete

My Journey To Health - A Morning Walk

Up early this morning, bedlinen on the line, yes the weather is holding. Booked my Zumba class for Monday week, you have to get up early to ...