Wednesday 27 March 2013

Italiano

In a bid to help me learn Italian, which dear reader I have set my heart on, (donna aska me why I just have a hankering), I have been watching Federico Fellini's films.

Federico Fellini 1958


Oh my, what are they all about? Fantasy, dreams, desires, daydreams, ambition, memories et al.
It doesn't really matter, they are enormous fun. Most of the characters seem to be mad or in the case of most of the women neurotic or hysterical. I'm not even going to try and analyse the content, just enjoy the theatre of it and hopefully pick up a bit of the lingo.
The striking images are enough for me, the Italian backdrop and the strange creatures that float or march across the screen are pure entertainment.









They remind me a little of  the Parisians that peopled the work of Toulouse-Lautrec, what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Travelling

On our way to Mr. Straw's house the Mr and I popped along to take a look at Clumber Park. It is a 3,800 acre estate set within Sh...