Sunday 13 November 2011

Downton Abbey No More.

I'm missing Downton Abbey already. I used to wake up Sunday mornings and think oh good Downton tonight. I've enjoyed it so much and I'm also a little bit in love with Carson the butler played by Jim Carter, I think it's his voice, but strangely it's also his furrowed brow and austere demeanour. A man in control.............lovely.

I don't watch huge amounts of tv but when I find something I do like (especially a series) I really hate it when it finishes. Good drama, great locations, fantastic costumes and pretty perfect casting too, Downton has it all.

Michelle Dockery aka Lady Mary has played the part brilliantly, so sensitive, reserved and well spoken. But the fact that she speaks soooo slowly made me wonder if she is as upper class as she sounds. Well no actually, she is an Essex girl and her Mum hails from Stepney. Well done girl.


So now we'll all just have to wait until the Christmas special to hear more of the delightfully acerbic comments from Violet Dowager Duchess of Grantham.
Cora " I might send Mary over to visit my aunt. She could get to know New York"
VDD of G " I don't think things are that desperate"


VDD of G "What is a weekend?"


VDD of  G on entering a room " I do hope I'm interrupting something"


all images via Daily mail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morgana Extends A Warm Welcome To My Latest Followers

100 followers and counting. Thank you all.