Thursday 6 April 2023

Of Kings & Kennedys

I love a mixture of traditional and modern furniture and objet d'art. It's the creative and hand made element that they have in common that draws me in. I saw an advert this week for a most excellent house for sale, very special indeed, which I think balances traditional and modern elements perfectly. Jackie Kennedy lived there after the assassination of her husband JFK. It is on the market for $26.5 million.
It feels very curated, as I'm sure it is, but the lack of clutter and the luxurious interiors can be scaled down and copied. I'm keeping these images to help me create some fresh spaces in our new home. We plan on a move next year if the right property comes up, we shall see. Another fine thing I spied in the last couple of days is the glorious invitation to our King's coronation. Don't you just love the fact the Green Man features? My invitation has yet to hit the door mat, but I'm hopeful.

6 comments:

  1. I do "get" the allure of combining handmade with the creative, but I am not of a modern bent.... Jackie's old residence seems a bit too stark and devoid of personality and warmth - although I do like the room with the brown leather furnishings opening onto the terrace. Wishing you the best of luck with the real estate market - and the post bringing that invite. 😂 I, too, love the Green Man LOL. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the house is a bit too over curated. I'm sure it softens once folk are living there. Happy Easter my friend, I hope you feel the sun on your face this weekend.

      Delete
  2. I wonder why the photographer felt the need to use lenses to exaggerate the proportions of the rooms. Surely they were big enough!
    I like the Coronation invitation - very jolly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wide angle lens 'thing' is a modern ploy, which I think backfires as house viewers are surely disappointed the moment they step over the threshold.

      Delete
  3. Lovely as it may look, I don't think I would ever be able to call a house like that my home. It's definitely lacking personality and, dare I say it, too uncluttered.
    Keeping my fingers crossed that the right property turns up for you. And yes, I'm loving the green man too. But how dare they have forgotten your invitation :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uncluttered, but you could fill it with all your wonderful collections, then it would be perfect.

      Delete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...