Tuesday 31 March 2020

Mr & Mrs. Van Eyck

My chum Prof and I were very lucky to have managed a short break in Bruges at the beginning of March. Returning on the 12th, just a day before all the cafes, bars and restaurants closed. With the museums following swiftly behind. I had never been before and I was totally charmed by the place.

We had booked a modest hotel with rave reviews, but just before we left Blighty a very nice email from the hotel informed us that due to some building work we would have to stay at their sister hotel instead. They said they would include breakfast free of charge because of the inconvenience. OMG what a place, one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, and they upgraded our rooms too. Somebody was looking after us.

Our Hotel The Duke's Palace in Bruges.





We had such a super time exploring the city, eating wonderful food and immersing ourselves in the culture. The Groeninge Museum is quite small but has some sensational Flemish art. In Particular Van Eyck and Hieronymus Bosch.








Sad to think that this little city and all it's delights are now closed. Hopefully it will not be too long before we can all go out into the world again. Keep safe my friends.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, how lucky getting such a great upgrade. I've never been to Bruges but I know quite a few people who have and they've all fallen in love with the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect place for a long weekend. I will definitely go back another time.

      Delete

A Thrifty Tale How To Save Money With Boots No7 Deals & Offers

I use some of the Boots company No 7 beauty skin care range. I was very excited to receive an email a couple of weeks back to say that if I ...