Tuesday 24 March 2020

Can I Remember How To Do This? We'll See.

I've continued to follow all my favourite bloggers over the last few years even though I have not been posting myself. A lot of my bookmarked blogs by folk who started up at the same time as me have given up the ghost now, which is a shame. But you know, busy lives etc

Reading blog posts is always a source of joy to me and I have to admit there are some bloggers who, if they don't post leave me bereft.

So whilst we are all cocooning I thought I would like to get back in the swing of posting a few little shiny pearls of interest. Communication and community being really important to everyone now, for obvious reasons.

I thought I would start with a thrifty recipe, you must remember how I like to save the pennies.  Yesterday, whilst out on my only excursion into the world this week, buying provisions, I decided I would buy an extra net of onions to make an onion soup, A strange choice for me as I have never eaten it before.



Our son is staying with us for the duration and I asked him to make some bread yesterday, just from a packet mix which has been sitting in my cupboard for months. Sliced thickly and toasted with some grated cheese on top it was delicious plonked on the soup. Bistro rustic :) No pictures of that I'm afraid, but I'll try and do better next time.

As I usually do when making something new, I googled a number of recipes, then mashed them together to suit my available ingredients and my palate.

500g mixed onion thinly sliced
2 large garlic cloves crushed
Dried sage (my new best friend)
1 tin cider
500mls vegetable stock
A little butter and olive oil to fry off onions






If you want to make some, fry off the onions for about 25/30 minutes, stirring regularly. Put a lid on the pan but leave it with a slight gap. Once the onions are cooked down nicely add and mix in the garlic stirring for about 5 minutes.

Some S&P and dried sage to taste, top up with the hot stock and cider. Bring to the boil then simmer for another 30 minutes.

It was truthfully bloomin delicious. Let me know if you try it.









2 comments:

  1. It is so good to see you blogging again. I have been very tardy in reading blogs recently because I have been mostly concentrating on books but I will catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to be back. We all need some support at the moment and blogging can be so worthwhile, the reading and the posting. x

      Delete

Morgana Extends A Warm Welcome To My Latest Followers

100 followers and counting. Thank you all.