Sunday 14 March 2021

New Flowers For Our Garden

 I find Sarah Raven's postal catalogues irresistible, I know she's a wee bit more expensive then buying from the local garden centres, but I do feel she has some exquisite flowers to choose from.

At the moment there is a 15% off code, SU21568 valid until 27th March. I've only ordered a few things for pots and window boxes as we are currently hoping to start landscaping our jungle of a garden very soon. 

I've ordered Verbena Tenera Sissinghurst, a lovely bright and elegant trailing plant for my front window box.


Her white pot collection for our back terrace, which I'm hoping to smarten up a bit for this Summer.


Three different plants in one big pot for a good show, Cosmos Sinata White, Osteospermum Akila White Purple Eye and Phlox 21t Century White.

And something for the cutting flower areas, an Autumn collection of Chrysanthemums, her Harvest Festival collection.


I'm hoping that my Dahlias will also be joining us again this year, despite the fact that the Mr forgot to cover them over during the coldest spells.



8 comments:

  1. OOOooooooh!! You had me at flowers LOL. It is far too early for flowers here, and I have had to severely cut back on my container gardening as it is impossible to keep them going when I am between two places in the summer. I have not been entirely successful, and it is an addiction that is not easily quit. You have chosen some of my very favorite flowers of all - verbena, osteospermum, phlox, cosmos!!! EEEK! I will be anxious to follow along your gardening adventures!! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so looking forward to Spring and then the abundance of Summer. I'll post some updates, let's hope my flowers look as good as the pictures.

      Delete
  2. What lovely flowers and with impressive exotic names too. Your garden is going to be a mass of wonderful colour when they all bloom. I shall look forward to seeing photos of your garden when they are in flower. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda. there should be some big changes in the garden this year. I'll post some pics and if folk are interested I'll keep it up. Maybe I can find some thrifty gardening tips.

      Jean. x

      Delete
  3. Your flowers look beautiful Jean ... a couple of the YouTube vloggers that I follow sometimes go to visit Sarah Raven's gardens & I find I just oogle my screen looking at all that beauty. Yours will be so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes her home and gardens are lush and wonderful. She holds workshops there but they are hellishly expensive. Great for inspiration though.
      Jean. xx

      Delete
  4. What a lovely selection, your garden will be a riot of colour this summer. I must admit that I've never ordered from Sarah Raven, though she does seem to have a good variety of plants on offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to do so much more with the cutting garden this year. Last June I broke my ankle and that really put paid to me doing work in the garden. Something else to look forward to. Jean. xx

      Delete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...