Wednesday 10 March 2021

Bread Update

 Hello my lovelies, I've been meaning to write an update on the breadmaking machine performance. Well, I took the advice of some of you and purchased some fresh Easy Yeast, what a skinflint I am ! And I have to say the bread turned out much better, but with a slightly dense base.


Ha I hear you cry, yes, the top looks much nicer and the bread was largely edible. Next time round I will tweek the recipe. At the moment it calls for 300mls of water and 1.5 tbsps of oil, it's too much liquid, as the base was not quite right. The liquids go into the machine first you see, with a little salt. I'm thinking if I cut the liquid slightly we might reach perfection. I'll let you know.

Here is just a random picture of her Ladyship and chief mischief maker, Morgana Mittens. Absolutely into everything at the moment.



6 comments:

  1. Love homemade bread but I don't have a bread machine, probably just as well because i would eat it all with lashings of proper butter, lol. Morgana is certainly the queen of the castle sat there :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Maggie, she's definitely the Queen of the castle, rapidly turning into a wallpaper and curtain slayer. She is VERY naughty just now, please let it be a phase.

      Delete
  2. It must be bread season....almost every where I look, people are baking bread. I finally broke down and made a few loaves....sourdough sandwich bread, cinnamon/cranberry sourdough....and if I don't run out of energy may to a quickbread like banana bread to use up some of the starter. Your second attempt does look much improved, but that bottom does puzzle me. As I said, I've never worked with a bread machine so have no tips there. In my yeast breads, though, I sometimes add a bit of vital wheat gluten to help the rise (not too much though or it will dry the bread). I would assume you could do that with the bread machine dough too?? Do keep up posted! And Miss Morgana Mittens is absolutely precious! That look on her face LOL!! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, your loaves sound delicious. I'm sure the more I practice the better the outcome.

      Jean

      Delete
  3. Now that looks a nicer shaped loaf. Morgana Mittens is gorgeous as always. I do like her fur colours most unusual. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. I'll keep going until my loaves are perfect.
      Jean

      Delete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...