Friday 5 March 2021

A Generous Warm Hug - Just The Ticket

 Been struggling a wee bit this week, so I have been employing tactics to distract myself. Exercise, yes, healthy food, yes, not too much booze, yes and on Thursday I watched a favourite film of mine. I love this film so much it's like a generous warm hug. 84 Charing Cross Road is the film, I urge you to seek it out.


The film is all about friendship, kindness and the love of things that really matter in life. It reminds me of my childhood, not that I was born in the 40s you understand. It harks back to a time when people spent less, there was less to buy of course, but all purchases were considered for their necessity and their worth. Consequently 'things' were treasured and shared and really wanted.

Anne Bancroft, wholly delights in English literature and the way the English pronounce" Rasberry".

Anthony Hopkins and Judi Dench also star with a grand supporting cast too. Lovely old actors like Maurice Denham, with an early appearance from Connie Booth. 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this Jean...The snippet in the YouTube link you provided lured me right in. I do not have Prime Video or Netflix here in Nod, but I have added it to my "watchlist" and will be sure to watch it when I get up to the lake. Looks like it is my kind of movie. I do hope you are faring better since posting this and that your "hug" did the trick. Consider yourself hugged again. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Robin. I do hope you get to see this film, it's very special.

      Delete
  2. A lovely movie and I highly recommend the book which is an equally cuddly experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks for visiting and for the tip, I'm sure it will be an excellent read.
      Jean

      Delete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...