Friday 28 July 2023

Mick's 80th

Sadly I wasn't invited. But of course I had to take a squiz at what the 'A' listers were wearing on the night. It fascinates me that the super confident? seem to have dressed down, some folk dressed to the nines, in fact very pleasingly it seems you can't really wear the wrong thing anymore. You can express yourself. This pic of Mick taken by Mark Seliger shows him wearing something almost identical to the pink satin jacket and loon trousers I saw him wearing when he walked past me in the Kings Road way back in the 60s. I went to school near there and just happened to see him bouncing along one day. He was smiling from ear to ear as everyone realised who he was.

6 comments:

  1. Doesn't it beggar belief that he's turned 80!
    And I'm still picking my jaw off the floor after reading he walked past you in the Kings Road in the 60s. Bouncing along, that sounds exactly like him, doesn't it? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. In retrospect it would have been 1969 or 1970, tiny little chap.

      Delete
  2. Happiest of B-days to Mick! And, wow! What a fantastic memory!!! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has certainly kept his figure! Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who'd believe he's 80, he must be doing something right.

    ReplyDelete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...