Tuesday 1 August 2023

Exciting News

Well lovely blogging chums there we have it. The Mr and I are hoping to be on the move. We're staying in the same county, Derbyshire, but really hoping to find the perfect spot near a town called Belper. It has a huge community with an amazing amount of arts events on throughout the year and is a beautifully old historic place. We want a smaller garden and a slightly smaller house, but one that the Mr can actually stand up in. We viewed a picture perfect house last Saturday but the Mr's head was pressed against the ceiling beams. I'm busily selling off and donating items I don't want us to move with, so the coffers are being increased slowly. In other news it is Dahlia time again, the garden beds are full of them.
Happy Lammas to you all. This sweet image from one of my favourite illustrators Wendy Andrew at Painting Dreams.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with your house-hunting. I don't envy you the decluttering, though it's very satisfying when it's done.
    Your dahlias are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow exciting times, we downsized 14 years ago, never regretted it, we now have our forever home, and all sorted to how we want to live. Decluttering was the best thing ever, getting rid of so much stuff gave us room to live, and a lot less dusting to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good declutter. The secret is of course not to buy more.

      Delete
  3. How exciting! I'm keeping my fingers crossed you'll find the perfect house soon! Meanwhile, I'm wishing you happy decluttering! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting indeed!! I would not know where to begin decluttering or downsizing. I think I am missing that gene. LOL. I would have loved to seen the house your Mr. couldn't stand up in. You have me properly curious now. Best of luck in your hunt! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...