Friday 12 May 2023

Lee Miller's Clothes

I think I have written about the extaordinary Farley Farmhouse before. The Sussex home of Lee Miller and Roland Penrose, who moved there in 1949 and stayed for 35 years. If you have never visited I urge you to go, it is one of the most remarkable places I have ever been to. I was lucky enough to have worked there for a while with Tony Penrose their son and his daughter Ami Bouhassane. This little film popped up in my feed and I really want to share it with all of you. I am a huge fan of vintage textiles and hope you may find this interesting.

4 comments:

  1. How fascinating! Farley Farmhouse will definitely be on my itinerary when I'm next in the area! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a hugely fascinating place with a lot of soul, I'm sure you'd love it.

      Delete
  2. I so enjoyed this! That uniform suit is stunning! They don't make things like they used to. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been the make do and mend era but she still looked amazing of course.

      Delete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...