Friday 17 April 2020

A Couple of Purchases


I think many of us are without much of an income at the moment and also not really spending on anything other than essential items.

But I have made a couple of cheerfulness purchases which I thought I would share with you.

Firstly.


A delightful bevy of Phalaenopsis orchids. (Yes, I had trouble saying that too). I saw the offer on Twitter, just £20.00 including delivery, which I though was very reasonable. And of course they will last much longer than cut flowers. They are smallish plants but really pack a punch of colour in this corner of one of our smaller rooms. They make me smile every time I walk past them. Britsh grown and available here.https://www.loveorchids.co.uk/

Second purchase was from one of my all time favourite independent book sellers. Much Ado Books.






Beautifully wrapped, with a few special extras. Hand printed bookmark, hand printed Hen gift tag, organic teabag for a cuppa and some seeds to plant some trees. What an absolute joy to recieve such a package. And of course I'm very excited to receive my copy of Barn 8, which seems to be an extraordinary book.

2 comments:

  1. It's such a delight to receive happy mail instead of bills. I shall have to check out Much Ado Books, I haven't heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're in East Sussex in Alfriston. A wonderfully soulful bookshop, where you can sit and read, browse the many books or attend a workshop or event. It's one of the few places I miss since moving to The Peak District. Sending or getting a book from them is a real treat as they add lots of little thoughtful extras.

      Delete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...