Sunday 16 October 2011

Kaffe Fassett's Colourscape.

I am a big fan of both Kaffe Fassett and Brandon Mably, they are wonderfully creative, and also wonderful in their own right.

I am just finishing a project using Kaffe's Colourscape chunky yarn. The yarn is very similar to the hand spun yarns that I aim to produce myself one day. My friend Ann is an expert spinner and dyer of yarns, and is keen for me to learn, I just can't find the time at the moment. I'm trying to negotiate a 3 day working week with my employer at the moment to free up some time for personal development. Fingers crossed that comes off.
The item I've been knitting is really the first proper thing I've ever made for my husband. It should turn out to be a lovely warm and hopefully stylish cardigan. The self colouring nature of the yarn is really nice.
 This is just one of the arms being blocked, but I'll post the finished article,  Mr. S&P loves a bit of modelling.












No comments:

Post a Comment

My Journey To Health - A Morning Walk

Up early this morning, bedlinen on the line, yes the weather is holding. Booked my Zumba class for Monday week, you have to get up early to ...