Last Saturday I took the train to the dreaded Manchester to attend an event and to catch up with my lovely son. He has lived in Manchester for many years so I have been often. I do love the galleries and some of the eateries but oh my gosh the noise and the behaviour in the streets. I came home feeling he needed rescuing, I feel he wouldn't agree. Ah my, the generation gap.
For some strange reason I had been invited to attend a meet up for Miniml customers. I have been slowly swopping up my 'normal' household cleaning and washing products for ones supplied by Miniml. The products are fabulous and not only do a good job, are value for money but also make me feel as though I'm protecting my and my family's health. I did a lot of research when I decided to opt for a better choice of household products, Miniml came up trumps.Anyhoo the event was great fun. A small mixed group of customers were asked to select some new fragrances for future products. We could then make a candle holder, (the event was held in a small pottery), which we could choose to have filled with a candle made with our favourite fragrance. The Miniml team were super nice and they will send me my candle once the pot has been fired.
It doesn't look very exciting I know, but the clay had already been marbled through with different pigments, so no additional decoration was needed. The potter helping us said the different tones would be revealed after it had been in the kiln. I'll show you it once it arrives. I'm going to be saving it for Christmas, very exciting.
I also made a new artistic discovery this week, an artist who I had never seen before. I'm smitten.
![]() |
Gary Bunt (1957-2025) born in East Peckham. A musician, an artist and so much more. His paintings have bundles of quintessential British charm. How have I never found him before?





No comments:
Post a Comment