Saturday, 8 March 2025
Happy International Women's day
I'm very fond of this portrait and am very lucky to see it regularly. 'The Duchess' film didn't really explore the many sides of Georgiana, she was a fascinating woman with a good degree of tragedy and heartache in her life, like many of us. I have a soft spot in my heart for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Doings
Last Saturday I took the train to the dreaded Manchester to attend an event and to catch up with my lovely son. He has lived in Manchester ...
-
My besom was busy today, brushing away the bad luck from the house, straight out the backdoor and brushing with intent the good luck in thr...
-
The Mr and I visited the wonderful Wiveton Hall in Norfolk last week. Actually it was a tour of the grounds and gardens led by the most ec...
What a stunning portrait! I did not realize how large it was until they showed it at the very end being carried. Wow. ~Robin~
ReplyDeleteIt is very special, I know you would love it.
DeleteHappy International Women's Day.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Thanks Jan.
DeleteThat is a fascinating portrait Jean & I love the story behind it of how the artist saw her. xx
ReplyDeleteYes it is quite magical.
DeleteA stunning portrait of a fascinating woman! xxx
ReplyDelete