Monday 29 July 2024

Norfolk - A Little Piece of Heaven

Wonderfully aged sailing boats passing us by on the Norfolk Broads as we chugged along in our little motor boat. We spotted a zillion Dragonflies, a Cormorant and a juvenile Heron, so close up. A bevy of Swans and their delightful offspring. We went beach combing, and paddled in the cool sea, we visited Holkham Hall which was very grand and quite beautiful of course. We went to a Baroque chamber concert, Li Fiori, musical flower gardens of the 17th century and sat in a 17th century octagonal chapel whilst we were transported by the sights and sounds. We ate well and walked and walked, and we even made friends with Scarlett our hostess's sweet little dog. We can't wait to move to Norfolk it has enchanted us.

9 comments:

  1. Norfolk is lovely - big skies, friendly people, lovely accent . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to all of those ! A very special part of England.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norfolk looks lovely! That wooden sailing boat is positively charming. Norfolk...hmmm....you're getting closer to Great Yarmouth from whence my family hails ("that" family, yes). I think my fantasy trip to Blighty has morphed from 2 weeks to a year... ;-) Unfortunately, I know I would never bear being separated from my dear kids or kits that long. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well once we're living there you'll have an open invitation. And if you want me to do any family research for you I would be most happy to do so.

      Delete
  4. How beautiful it all looks Jean. What a wonderful place 💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't blame you for wanting to move to Norfolk, it looks perfectly enchanting! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PP. It is enchanting and we are bewitched.

      Delete
  6. Lovely photographs of your time spent in Norfolk.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Dame Laura Knight

Have you ever been haunted by an item that you didn't purchase? It doesn't happen very often to me, but a few years ago I saw an ama...