Tuesday 16 July 2024

Home Comforts- Oat Biscuit Recipe

I've been baking today, it's a very speedy easy recipe and the biscuits are quite delicious and I think quite healthy. I have swopped the oil to olive oil and reduced the sugar quantity to 75gms down from 165gms. We call these our emergency biscuits, as we take them away with us when we holiday in the UK, handy in case we find ourselves with no access to decent food, or healthy snacks. I hope you'll try them and let me know what you think. 150gms jumbo organic oats, 50mls olive oil, 75gms brown sugar, 1 beaten egg, 25gms sunflower seeds, 50gms chopped apricots (the dried soft ones in packets). Put the oats in a bowl, stir in sugar and olive oil, cover with a clean cloth and leave for one hour. Add the rest of the ingredients stir well and form into biscuits on a baking tray. Bake for approx 12-15 minutes, at 180 (medium oven) until lightly browned, allow to cool and munch. I've also managed to harvest 800gms of big dark blackest blackcurrants from our garden to make some jam. I might add I've still left huge amounts for the birds. And a very kind lady gave me 6 empty Bonne Maman jars, so pretty, after I put in a request on Freecycle. Have you all heard about Freegle and Freecycle? You can gift and request things for free, in your local area. Saves items being put into landfill. No waste all gain.

3 comments:

  1. Your biscuits (cookies here in Nod) look and sound so enticing. I've not baked/cooked much with apricots so that adds an interesting twist. With no flour, it will be a good gluten free recipe provided I remember to use gf oats. Love your Bonne Maman jars! Lucky you to have gotten them for free. We don't have programs like that here unfortunately. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are looking yummy! We always keep any Bonne Maman jars. They are too pretty to go to landfill and can be used for all kinds of stuff, even as storage jars for buttons and the like ... xxx

    ReplyDelete

A Few Pics of Portugal

The Mr and I recently spent eight days in Portugal staying in old historical buildings or Pousadas as they are known. Three differ...