Tuesday 16 April 2024

My Journey To Health - A Morning Walk

Up early this morning, bedlinen on the line, yes the weather is holding. Booked my Zumba class for Monday week, you have to get up early to book as spaces fill up super fast. Then I took myself off to my local stately home, Chatsworth, for a fresh 45 minute walk around the wonderful gardens, very empty as it was quite early. I have been getting as much exercise as I can for a goodly few months, to increase my fitness and health. I have also been watching the calories and I'm pleased to report I have lost 15lbs so far. The Mr and I have made a conscious shift in our everyday food choices and intake and both of us feel a lot better for it, it will, I feel, be a lifetime choice now. Although I must be due a cake soon, ha ha.
Can I extend a warm welcome to my latest follower, sorry I don't know your name, but thank you for clicking the follow button. I'm only one away now from 100 followers. My small blogging community growing pleases me greatly.

16 comments:

  1. Chatsworth looks absolutely worth a visit, hopefully I'll be able to make it up there some time!
    Well done for adopting a healthier lifestyle, although I don't think the odd cake will be bad for you :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PP. We're due to visit Norfolk again soon, so I've earmarked Biddy's tea room in Aylsham for a gorgeous piece of cake and some loose leaf tea.

      Delete
  2. Hello there, a new follower here but not a new reader! I too am on a health mission, I'm 60 this year!! Well done on your weight loss! I'm just outside the healthy BMI range, so some loss for me would be great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and welcome Mrs LH, so pleased to hear from you and to see you've clicked on to follow me, you are my 100th follower, I can hear a fanfare. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Everyone deserves a treat now and again . . . well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. It's all about having a treat and not scoffing every day. Some days are easier than others and I'm firmly in the swing of it now.

      Delete
  4. Lovely pictures from you walk.
    Well done on your weight loss and for adopting a healthier lifestyle.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep walking GF!!! And keep taking your readers along!!! This post was amazing! That second photo with the sunlight falling on the lawn/property behind the building is the something dreams in my head are made of. Fairytale-like enchanting. Cando Tutus indeed... (And bravo on the conscious life choices...but, yes, of course, cake is a necessary part of the plan!) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend, lovely to hear you and many thanks for the encouragement. I only wish I could give you a tour of Chatsworth I know you would love it. Next time I go inside I will take some pics just for you.

      Delete
  6. Well done on your new fitness regime, and the weight loss. I always find it easier to put into practice once the better weather arrives, winter just makes me want to hunker down and eat comfort food, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. The Mr and I did a Slimvember just before Christmas as a prelude to the festivities and it greatly helped.

      Delete
  7. Good luck on your journey to healthier living. It must be satisfying to notice a difference in your wellbeing.
    Chatsworth looks glorious. I drove past there last year, but didn't get the chance to visit. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules. I'm lucky to have Chatsworth on my doorstep.

      Delete
  8. Well done, I am trying to get healthier too and carrying on with my weight loss journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Chris, good luck with your weight loss journey.

      Delete

A Thrifty Tale How To Save Money With Boots No7 Deals & Offers

I use some of the Boots company No 7 beauty skin care range. I was very excited to receive an email a couple of weeks back to say that if I ...