Saturday 6 April 2024

Bargains Galore

Hello fellow bargain hunters. Regular readers of mine will know I love the nice things in life but want to attain them at bargain prices. Having said that I don't often go 'shopping' without an express need to do so. BUT last week was an exception. One of the regular Vloggers I subscribe to, mentioned Homesense in one of her small thrifty films. I had forgotten how nice a browse around the TK Maxx home department is, so off I did trot. I have been on the look out for another duvet set for our super king bed. At the moment we have two nice sets, one from the White Company purchased in their sale, which I think was still about £135 and one Yves Delorme set purchased from an outlet store again which was still quite expensive. If you're not familiar with TK Maxx it is a discount store that sells 'brand' clothing and homewares, normally items that are end of ranges for their parent stores. Items are normally only in ones and twos so you have to keep your eyes peeled so not to miss the good stuff.I didn't find the bedlinen I wanted in store but went online and found just the thing. £39.99 plus postage. I really can't see any difference between this and the White Company one I already have, oh, except about £100 cheaper.
In store I found loads and loads of tempting things and happily succumbed to a few. I bought a new nightdress, a cushion, some divine hand soap, an extra pretty candle, 2 packs of Baci 70% dark chocolate little sweets (for health reasons), liver detox tea, spearmint and peppermint tea (also for health reasons), and a few essentials for the Mr (designer pants). A Spode ceramic oven dish, a new tin opener, (desperately needed), for a total of £110. Super scrimper prices for quality items.
This is the new cushion on our spare bed. Our puss likes to snuggle up to our son when he stays, so I thought the cushion would make him smile. I've told my husband not to let me forget about Homesense again, ha ha. And dear reader if you have never been and are in need of some little pleasing trifles pop along. You can thank me later.

10 comments:

  1. Great buys :-) I love a mooch round Home Sense, I found three lovely books, i didn't need them but they wanted to come home with me, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you're another one who hears 'things' calling her.

      Delete
  2. I've never been to a TK Maxx, but will be keeping my eyes peeled when we're next in the UK. Those are super bargains! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to TKMaxx - put off by stories of horrendous crowds. Well done on your haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Not crowded when we went even though a Saturday. Great for really special gifts.

      Delete
  4. Your TK Maxx must be close kin to our TJ Maxx. We actually have one of them in the town nearest us. I only rarely go - usually after someone I know mentions something they got there - and, of course, anything similar is long gone when I go. Usually I don't find what I am looking for but walk out with a bunch of items I wasn't (and truly didn't need LOL). Sounds like you found some treasures. Fun little pillow for your spare bed. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly got some good bargains.
    That cushion made me smile :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

A Thrifty Tale How To Save Money With Boots No7 Deals & Offers

I use some of the Boots company No 7 beauty skin care range. I was very excited to receive an email a couple of weeks back to say that if I ...