Thursday 21 September 2023

This & That

This is kinda how I feel about positivity and gusto. Strength of mind is a wonderful thing but we are all susceptible to things beyond our control I know. Something I'm desperately trying to control is precision sock making. I'm making socks as gifts for friends this year to keep their tootsies warm and snuggly. I've finished the first pair. The yarn is marketed as a vintage yarn because of the colours. This is powdered egg. Made from Exmoor Blueface and Bluefaced Leicester sheep wool. They are I feel perfectly imperfect.
Here they are drying on their slim wooden blockers in the sunshine. I think they will look very tempting when wrapped and ribboned. Especially with a little parcel of home made chocolates for company. Are any of you already starting the present making?

12 comments:

  1. Oops!" Just realised you do know her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your socks, I must admit, I never wash mine before gifting them, I've already made a pair for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a novice sock maker but blocking them gave them a better shape.

      Delete
  3. “Perfectly imperfect “ is something I strive for. Oh for the wonder of things made entirely by the human hand. Lucky someone who will unwrap those beautiful and toasty warm socks. I love the vintage color. Mary @ Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky are the ones on your gifting list! Your socks are just wonderful. Even if your winters aren't as harsh and long as ours in Nod, I am more than certain they will make welcome and well-loved gifts. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin. I'm on my second pair now, with at least three more to go.

      Delete
  5. Well done on finishing your first pair of "perfectly imperfect" socks, Jean. I've never mastered knitting, although admittedly I haven't even tried since failing miserably in third grade :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is just practice. You tube has helped me tremendously with my first pair. Winwick Mum if you fancy a go .

      Delete
  6. I think that hand-knitted socks should always be perfectly imperfect - after all, they contact unique design features that you can never buy in the shops and they're made for the person who's going to wear them and you can't get better than that! :) Your socks are lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WW, thank you for stoping by my blog and leaving a comment. I'm on my second pair of socks now, which are looking great. Thank you so much for your tutorials.

      Delete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...