Sunday 26 March 2023

House & Garden Creatures

When we bought our house a few years back we inherited a massively overgrown garden which has been very difficult and dare I say it expensive to control. Over the colder months we have had a really nice chap coming to us who has broken the back of the work. He is also an aquatic expert which means he has been able to tackle the large pond at the bottom of the front garden. Last Summer it was almost impossible to see any water. It took him weeks to drain it and remove years worth of sludge and I did worry that the wildlife would miss out this year because it had been totally emptied.
I need not have worried because the newly grown lush young pond plants are chock-a-block with frogspawn and the water is alive with hoards of frogs. Let's hope Miss Mittens doesn't cotton on.

9 comments:

  1. Cleaning ponds is a mammoth task, but well worth it. They attract so much wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that your pond got a new lease of life, and that wildlife has returned. I hope you can keep Miss Mittens away :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do my best. She has only caught a frog once before.

      Delete
  3. What a great area! I can only imagine how beautiful it will be when everything is fully restored. I love, love, listening to the frogs. We have a creek that runs below our property and it is a frog haven and many migrate to the backyard proper as well. There are some summer evenings when you can even hear yourself over the din of the frogs. I absolutely love it. And what a lovely photo of Miss Morgana! ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have a pond full of frogspawn and other life! Sounds like it was well worth clearing out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. Hopefully it will serve the local wildlife well.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful garden. Yay for the pond. I agree that every garden should have one.

    ReplyDelete

Morgana Extends A Warm Welcome To My Latest Followers

100 followers and counting. Thank you all.