Tuesday 27 September 2022

Magical Things

 The Yorkshire Sculpture Park is about an hour north of where we live. It is basically a large country garden, surrounding an original 18th century house which is currently under development. The house appears to have been many things since it was first built as a grand private home.

The park is an open air space for a wonderful mix of contemporary sculpture. The church on the estate, which was erected by the Wentworth family for private use is also now used as a gallery. It is a fantastic backdrop for the work of Jaume Plensa. Unusually for me I was VERY taken with his work. The marble sculptures are exquisite. Sadly way out of my price bracket. But a cat may look at a king eh?





In other delights, I received an unexpected small parcel today, full of magical things sent with love. A reminder to be thankful for what I have and to see the importance and beauty of small treasures.





4 comments:

  1. I've heard the Yorkshire Sculpture Park mentioned whenever I post about Middelheim, the sculpture park here in Antwerp, which we love to visit. Seems the concept is similar!
    And it's always lovely to receive unexpected parcels, isn't it? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A complete surprise from a very dear friend, who despite experiencing some heartache at the moment, always thinks of others.

      Delete
  2. Oh those sculptures are glorious! And, yes...there always seem to be a bit of magic in an unexpected parcel, no? Wonderful crystals... use them well. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete

A Thrifty Tale How To Save Money With Boots No7 Deals & Offers

I use some of the Boots company No 7 beauty skin care range. I was very excited to receive an email a couple of weeks back to say that if I ...