Friday 2 September 2022

Jacko The Monkey

 


This is the face of love and affection. In the early 1960s I awoke one Christmas morning (early doors), to find a large toy monkey hanging from a shiny bright red scooter next to my bed. My excitement went through the roof and I suspect woke the rest of the house. A most extravagant pair of gifts. 

Jacko the monkey was manufactured for Woolworth's and we had a local branch in Clapham Junction. I don't remember what happened to the original monkey, but this version was recently purchased for me by my big brother. Very sweet. 


7 comments:

  1. I adore Jacko!! What amazing gifts back then...and now. I had a real thing for monkeys and chimps when I was younger. And, I have several Steiff "Jocko"'s.... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to whiz down the hill on my red scooter with jacko, flying along.

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, I had a Jacko too, I wonder what happened to him. You've brought back lots of happy memories with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How utterly sweet, and my heart just melts at your big brother buying you this one!
    I had three toy monkeys when I was growing up. Not sure what happened to the other two, but the third one is still with me, even if he looks a bit worse for wear. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely you still have your childhood monkey. I have a VERY precious ancient teddy that was second hand when I got him. He was my best friend when I was little. I still love him today. xx

      Delete

A Thrifty Tale How To Save Money With Boots No7 Deals & Offers

I use some of the Boots company No 7 beauty skin care range. I was very excited to receive an email a couple of weeks back to say that if I ...