Sunday 23 May 2021

Master Bedroom Update

 Hello lovely people, hope your week has been okay. I'm just posting today about the work in the master bedroom. Yes, it is finished, apart from the new curtains. I'm splashing the cash and paying someone to make the curtains with pelmets, and also to fit them for me. Although trying to source the right fabric is a bit of a nightmare.

Everything else in the room I have done myself. Plus of course, lucky me I was gifted the wall paper from the lovely folk at Photowall. 

I had shown you in a previous post the new lampshades I had chosen for the golden pineapple lamp bases. Sadly when they arrived they were the wrong shape for the bases and didn't provide the oomph I was hoping for. But Pooky came to the rescue. And as luck would have it they were cheaper than the Oka ones, so very pleased all round.



I painted my very old pine chest of drawers again. Before, Scandinavian Blue and now Primer Red, both Annie Sloan chalk paint. The chalk paint goes such a long way, I've enough left over for a couple of more projects.




This colour gives the furniture a real antique feel.

The lovely portrait of Madame Grand blowing bubblegum was an Etsy download purchase, which I had printed up locally and framed myself, with a lush gold frame that I bought for 50p a few years ago, I knew it would come in handy eventually.


Sorry about the reflection on the glass, hopefully you can still see her. She will remain in all her splendour until I can find an equally charming oil painting, at a bargain price, naturally.






6 comments:

  1. The jury is out on which colour I like the chest but love the effect of that paint, must take a look at it.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Annie Sloan paint is lush, I've used it many times. I would advise buying one of her brushes as it loads up a lot of paint which means you can lay it on quickly, which is important i think for a good finish. i would also say that a clear matt varnish is better than waxing. Easier to apply and protects the paint for years and years. Jean

      Delete
  2. That painting is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it wa a good bit of fun. The original is in the Met museum New York. The wonders of technology eh?
      Jean

      Delete
  3. And a fabulous finish it is, Missy Jean!! The chest looks amazing in red. I have a small little dresser/chest in the spare room at the lake that is the blue yours was in its last life and have been debating whether to try repainting or just get a new one. Believe it or not, I have never ever done chalk paint...but my SIL has done so many pieces with it I couldn't begin to count...and all successfully. Hmmmm.... Love the portrait LOL. ~Robin~ (The phrase "splashing the cash" is not one I've heard before....it cracks me up LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, thanks for stopping by. I'm glad I made you chuckle at my very 'London' phrase. I love chalk paint and I'm in love with the Primer Red, apparently it was used to paint Venetian palaces. Jean xx

      Delete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...