Tuesday 25 May 2021

Little Bear's Heartfelt Makeover

 I'm not an expert sewer but I'd like to be. This year I'm hoping to join a local needlework group that meets weekly in Matlock. I was all set to join in 2020 then came the bloomin lockdown.  I've still managed a few creative projects, of course. My latest is the repair of my late good friend's Teddy Bear.


Here she is as a little girl with her bear. And this is how he looked before I spruced him up.



A trace of a face,  no feet or paws and a broken musical box inside, that plays 'How much is that doggy in the window'. She had mentioned a few times about taking Litle Bear to a Teddy hospital to get him sorted out, but it never happened. So I'm afraid he has had to put up with with me, woman handling him.

He looks a much happier bear now and in true 'Repair Shop' style I've also managed to get him musical again too. I think my lovely friend would be very pleased.



11 comments:

  1. You've done a wonderful job, he's looking very dapper again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jo. He seemed so sad I thought I must do something for him. He's sitting very happily on a little bookshelf in my spare room now.

      Delete
  2. You have done a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Susan. Probably doesn't do to look to closely at the stitches though :).

      Delete
  3. What a difference! Little Bear looks super good now. Lovely green bow and surrounded in music! Were you actually able to buy a new music box for him? keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Amanda. I didn't buy a new box, just simply unstiched him at the back and took it out, fiddled a bit with it and carefully put it back. So I'm pleased to say he still has his original sound.

      Delete
  4. I am so incredibly impressed. I used to sew....a LOT...and I have sewn my own little mohair teddies, but repairs are always more difficult than starting from a blank slate. You did fantastically...especially in getting the music box to work again. What a blessing for Teddy...and your friend must be clapping her hands in glee. It warms my heart that Teddy ended up with you. He was obviously a treasure to her and I am sure she is overjoyed knowing that he is right where he is supposed to be. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely kind words.Little bear will be treasured.

      Delete
  5. You have done an absolutely amazing job on the bear repair Jean & I am most impressed. I know the work involved in repairing these items & it is not simple. He just looks so wonderful now - Well done !! xx

    ReplyDelete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...