Sunday 6 December 2020

Wee Gifts On A Budget

 


I do love a twinkly light and these gorgeous lanterns where such a surprise when I happened upon them at our local Chatsworth Gardens. So pretty, I found myself smiling from ear to ear. 

Now I've finished all the DIY jobs in the house and I'm furloughed for another couple of weeks, I've had time to make a few little things. I made some lavender bags, a few for us to stop the pesky moth babies from eating our clothes, plus a few for friends as little extra stocking presents. I had bought a big bag of lavender from a visit to Burghley House last year and happily have now made use of it.



The fabric was purchased in a little bundle of mixed fabrics, half price in January and the blue velvet ribbon was in my stash.


I also planted up these fancy Welsh Gaudy Ware teacups with dainty house leeks. The cups themselves were a chazza shop purchase £3.00 each, but they are early 19th century and the house leeks I picked up from Freecycle. I'm keeping one and gifting the other two. I think they look smashing.

I'll be back soon to show you my latest project which I collected this morning and the dearest little bobble hat make.

13 comments:

  1. From your opening photos, I think we were in your neck of the woods on Saturday. Fully intent on shopping in Chesterfield, we bypassed it in favour of a trip to Bakewell. Very enjoyable and not busy. Your little teacup gifts are absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by.Glad you like the teacups I’m very taken with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lanterns are so very charming...especially with that incredible backdrop! What a pleasant bit of beauty to happen upon! Your handmade gifts are sure to be hits with the lucky giftees.... What you call "house leeks" are what we call "succulents" here LOL. They look perfectly at home in the teacups. Wishing you a good week ahead...filled with a measure of fun along the way. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Robin, lovely to hear from you again. I think if you ever do come to England you would love Chatsworth House.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous lanterns! I could see a couple of these hanging from my balcony looking really christmassy!! Smashing teacup plants definitely a lovely gift. I would keep one too :-) keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your teacup gardens! The lanterns are inspiring when hung by someone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your teacups look smashing too, and I'd also be very happy to find one of those cute lavender bags in my stocking. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, my son's girlfriend was thrilled with her little Christmas extras.

      Delete
  8. Your lavendar bags are beautiful Jean - my lavendar will need to be picked soon. I just adore those wee teacup gardens - what a perfect idea for gifts. Have a super week Jean. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for popping over Julie, you are my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful gifts, I'm very taken with the teacups, I'd be very happy to find one of those in my stocking on Christmas morning.

    ReplyDelete

A Thrifty Tale How To Save Money With Boots No7 Deals & Offers

I use some of the Boots company No 7 beauty skin care range. I was very excited to receive an email a couple of weeks back to say that if I ...