Wednesday 25 November 2020

The Mitford Sisters-Such Fun


 

I suspect that nearly everyone has heard of the Mitford family and in particular the six sisters. They were part of an endlessly fascinating aristocratic English family. The celebrated sisters were quite a scandalous group of 'gels'. If you have never heard their intriguing stories I urge you to pop to your local library and find out all about them. Mary Lovell's book is top notch.

The picture above shows a Q&A small article with Nancy Mitford, the eldest sister talking about herself. I'm sorry about the quality as I nabbed it from my phone, but I'm sure you will get the flavour of her. I especially like her response to 'But what would you really like to do?'.


4 comments:

  1. I don't know all that much about the Mitford sisters, other than Deborah was the Duchess of Devonshire. I watched a fascinating programme all about Chatsworth a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely recommend reading up about them. Amazingly interesting.

      Delete
  2. Well, I am not sure I would like to be amongst the "most North Americans" she favors or not LOL.... Nope, I have never heard of the Mitford family/sisters....but I must say you have me curious. I am sure I will be researching a bit.... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extraordinary eccentric English 'posh' family. Very characterful folk, not all good I hasten to add but of their time. I work for the son of the youngest daughter, Deborah Mitford, she became the Duchess of Devonshire. Now she was a totally good egg.

      Delete

My New Crush

Oh my, Summer days ahead.