Monday 8 August 2016

Busy Bee Me.

My goodness me it's been a busy week. Started off with a house viewing on Monday. Right area, sadly wrong house.

Tuesday evening was a lively talk at the Cromford Mill gothic warehouse by Christine Robinson, former Head Housekeeper to the Dowager Duchess of Devonshire. Cheese and wine served beforehand, all very civilised and inexpensive.

Wednesday the Mister was dropped off at Chesterfield station to take the London train so he could indulge in some drinking time with his brothers and some chums. I, dutiful wife, picked up some provisions and sorted out our spare room ready for our weekend guests.

Thursday we popped along to the Bakewell show, as I had won some tickets on Twitter from a very nice local florist, Jonathan Moseley, who 'does the flowers' for Chatsworth.


These creations by Plantology



Friday we zoomed over to Cheshire for a Decorative Home and Salvage show.



Then late afternoon our chums arrived to stay, and we were hithering and thithering all weekend, eating and drinking too much, sitting in the sun and generally having a good time.

Oh, plus our car and washing machine both packed up, so major outlay of the folding I'm afraid.

I'm looking forward to a few quieter days now.

1 comment:

  1. I do like the look of that Show.... I would have to be dragged away.

    ReplyDelete

My Journey To Health - A Morning Walk

Up early this morning, bedlinen on the line, yes the weather is holding. Booked my Zumba class for Monday week, you have to get up early to ...