Thursday 24 March 2022

Shiny Sunny Days

 Well my buttercups, it is a shiny sunny day today and I'm just back from meeting my friend Pip for breakfast. We had a glorious stroll around the local Victorian park and paid a visit to a few of the chazza shops too. On entering our local Red Cross shop I said to Pip, I don't need any clothes, which translated means don't let me buy anything. But they had so many lovely things today, you know how that sometimes happens, well you guessed it, I couldn't help myself. I seem to have a thing about coral at the moment. This groovy little number will be perfect for our Scilly Isles trip in July.


I rushed home and hand washed it, and it is a non iron dress, so spot on for the hols. The sleeves look a little odd in the pic but it is a 'cold shoulder' dress that's why. Buying this has made me feel our trip is a little bit nearer.


In other news I'm starting up a craft and chatter group in my local town of Matlock. A new 'BOD' cafe bar has opened and it is the perfect venue. Every Thursday between 10am-12pm starting next week. I'm very excited about it as it is a precursor to an idea I have of creating a local arts community. I'll keep you posted folks. Have a good weekend all.

8 comments:

  1. I think the dress will be perfect for your holidays, it's good when you strike lucky and just hit on something. The craft and chatter group sound fab, I wish I lived closer. Can't wait to hear more about your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is STUNNING!! Please do take and post a photo of you wearing it during your holiday!! (And hope to see phots of the Isles as well..it's as close as I will likely ever get to seeing them myself.) Congrats on your new adventure! But pray tell, what is a "BOD" cafe?? Ignorant Across the Pond.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Bod is a small chain of bar restaurants, run by the Titanic brewery. Lovely and spacious with great decor and food and drink. Named Bod I believe because of the historic location of their first venue. xx

      Delete
  3. Love the dress, I never seem to find anything wearable in charity shops :-( Good luck with the craft and chatter group, I set up a cross stitch group years ago and it got very popular, I handed it over to someone else to run a couple of years ago because I didn't have the time, now I have more time than I know how to fill! ...it's still going strong though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. I'm really looking forward to launching the group. x

      Delete
  4. The dress is just perfect, Jean, and I'm just a slightly bit envious about your upcoming trip. I never made it to the Scilly Isles yet! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The Scilly Isles feel like a major discovery for us. I could happily go every year. xx

      Delete

Morgana Extends A Warm Welcome To My Latest Followers

100 followers and counting. Thank you all.