Years ago I followed a wonderful blogger called ' A Thrifty Mrs'. She would pass on pearls of wisdom that were honestly life changing. She set me on the road of good value and no waste. I miss her thoughtful contributions. I believe she sold the rights to her brand and probably went on to better things or at least things that required less dedication and hard work.
I have oft mentioned my resentment of companies and manufacturers who are constantly dipping their beaks in my pockets. Items that are poor value or which do not last a reasonable time, really get my goat!
This week I took offence with my shower puff. I use a plastic puff, I know not good, but the sustainable ones don't work and frankly become unpleasant after a short time.
The problem with my chosen puff is that after a while it starts to unravel, then of course is not so efficient and starts to annoy me. At which point in the past I have purchased another. You can see where this is going.
Well no more I say! I have drawn a line in the sand, so to speak , and I have learnt from the all wise Youtube how to reassemble my puffs. A quiet revelation. Most satisfying.
I used to have A Thrifty Mrs' blog on my sidebar for many years. She briefly bought the channel back in her dog's name but then that too fizzled out.
ReplyDeleteI need to reinvigorate my bathroom 'scrunchie' too it's starting to get a bit sad. I will look out for the YouTube tutorial and do it properly. The last time I did it I made a right dog's-dinner of it and it was never the same again.
'Super mum-no cape' is who I found with the best tutorial
ReplyDeleteI have several flannels that I use in rotation in the shower, then I just put them in with a hot towel wash, and after they've gone a bit grungy, they become mop up spills cloths. One pack of 4 flannels lasts me a long time. Xx
ReplyDeleteWell done with your darning.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Thanks Jan. It does please me gettimng the best out of everything.
DeleteHow very clever of you! Ah...spent hours darning socks, patching pants growing up. But never, ever, have I repaired a shower pouf. Last I heard, they collect dead skin cells/moisture/oils/etc., and that gave me the willies. The "study" coming to this conclusion was indubitably funded by manufacturers of said poufs, and while I use them still, I certainly don't replace them as often as recommended (every two months-ish??). But I don't think I'll be mending mine. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'm super thrifty, ha ha.
DeleteThere are so many throw away things now. I gave up on scrunchies because they kept coming apart, I now have a soft sponge which i can chuck in the wash and it lasts longer
ReplyDeleteSponge is lovely too. Although I think ethical real sponges are mega bucks, but perhaps they last. I shall investigate.
Delete