Thursday 16 November 2023

Christmas Prep

My thoughts have turned to organising our Christmas. We should have been away for the season but because of family illness we have postponed our trip to early February. The last few years we have both felt that Christmas had somewhat lost its sparkle, which is why we thought it would be fab to get away somewhere warm and lush. As this was not meant to be I'm really trying to plan an enjoyable and fun filled time. We have booked a local historic restaurant for Christmas Eve lunch, friends maybe joining us for that. I have booked a Winter concert being held in an ancient church,and the new Willy Wonka film, which looks hilarious. I have bought or made almost all of the presents, so I'm ahead there. Getting a Christmas pud that doesn't contain palm oil has been a bit of a trial, can you believe that the top five puds recommended by Good Housekeeping all have palm oil in them, it's such a shame. Anyway King Charles came up trumps with his Highgrove organic pudding, of course it would have been rude not to order some Port from him too. I admit to splashing out a bit and have a new rather interesting 'party' frock, the pattern of which is made up of tarot card images. It's a good job then that my traditionally made besom, ordered a while back has arrived today, just in case I need an accessory.

6 comments:

  1. You're well organised. I like your dress and I love the besom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I'm not much of a Christmas person, but I'm always looking forward to my week off during the holidays. It still feels like a long way off to me, so hats off to you for being so organized. Your dress looks absolutely amazing, what a fabulous and fun print! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope you have a nice long break over the Christmas period. I know you'll enjoy it to the max.

      Delete
  3. Everyone - including you - seems to be so far ahead this year for Christmas. Perhaps it is because I am just getting older faster and time has been whirling by of late. LOVE your besom! (As well as the fella near him with the sign LOL). I've never had a proper English Christmas pudding....or any English pudding...for that matter. I fancy it would be a bit like our fruitcake? ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Christmas pud is very fruity and very dense. I'm not a massive fan but the Mr absolutely loves it and would eat it every day.

      Delete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...