Thursday 11 February 2021

Keeping One's Chin Up.

 It's getting harder to keep chipper, is it not? The lockdown is relentless and the snow however pretty creates another lockdown within the lockdown. I feel the need to get out and about and get some exercise, but with the ice and snow am a bit nervous of slippage after breaking my ankle last June, during a woodland walk.

So I'm trying to think of attainable joy. This week I have ordered two things that guarantee a little warm feeling of happiness. You guessed it, woolly socks and Portugese wine.


The wine is a mixed case from Averys wine merchants, we bought a case in the Summer and it was wonderful, every single bottle, so we have been watching for its return on their website. And woolly socks of course are just the ticket for poodling about the house, keeps the nasty drafts at bay.

I've also started knitting again, not the difficult WIP willow pattern jumper that I should be getting on with, rather some easy knitted squares to contribute to a knitting project organised through The Prince's Foundation at Dumfries house. How splendid would it be to take a turn around this beautifully restored house. It's on my ever increasing list of places to visit.

Months ago we tentatively booked a few days away on a Scottish Isle thinking it might be doable by Spring. Fingers crossed we make it there. 

Keep well and safe.


4 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed you will be able to take your Spring Time trip.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, now you're talking my language....wine and wooly socks...in that order LOL. I must confess that I have not had a Portuguese wine since my visit there when I was attending the university in Madrid...and being a student, the wine we had was of the common bodega variety. Yes, this whole thing is wearing on everyone's nerves. Winters are difficult enough here without this all going on. Add the civil unrest here and I would actually like to crawl into a bottle of wine some days. I do hope you make it to your Scottish Isle....and treat us to lots of photos. How I would love to visit there some day. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, nice to hear from you.I shall be sampling the wine tonight and I'm really looking forawrd to it. So easy to order on line and the quality is good and not too expensive.
      Jean.
      X

      Delete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...