Sunday 17 December 2023

An Unusual Christmas Tree

The Mr and I should have been holidaying in Madeira over Christmas but due to a family illness we are now going in February. I didn't much feel like buying our usual huge fresh tree and bedecking the house, although I have to say this is the first Christmas I have been looking forward to for a wee while now. I opted for a small 'Birch tree effect' twig instead. Of course I found it impossible to find something approximating what I had in mind that wasn't made of the dreaded plastic. So I cut an old Lilac branch off a bush in our garden, trimmed it and left it to dry for a week or so. I then wrapped it in white florist tape and glued it to a wooden base. I have decorated it with small glass baubles and not much else, apart from a small wooden hand carved angel I found in my favourite charity shop. I'm quite pleased with it. It's big enough to look festive and pretty. I have now put a few small presents around the base. I think less is definitely more in this instance.
I'm off now to watch Albert Finney in Scrooge on Channel 5 and I may possibly have a small piece of Christmas cake. My friend Amanda made us a superb cake for Christmas, she is a very kind hearted friend and much valued.
Maggie of Black Country Wench blog has 'won' the giveaway. I'll wait for her details and send the book and brooch off to her.

8 comments:

  1. That's pretty - understated and quite perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little tree Jean! The baubles look as though they were made for it. No Christmas spirit here unfortunately. Congratulations to Maggie. Oh the things I have missed out on during my absence. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love it! I might have to do something similar next year if our Bess keeps in climbing our tree! Shame we can't get Channel 5 here, I would have loved seeing Albert Finney as Scrooge! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good version, apart from some of the songs that once they have entered your head never leave. Alec Guinness was in it as a ghost, fab.

      Delete
  4. Oh I do love your little tree, and the Christmas cake looks fab, I must decorate mine this week.
    Sorry you were not able to get away ar Christmas, but you have something to look forward to in February.
    I'm thrilled to have won your give away, I've had a very stressful week and this has cheered me more than you know 😁 Thank you x
    I have emailed you my details x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you maggie. The book is amazing, I know you'll love it.

      Delete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...