Sunday 3 December 2023

Adam Wide Christmas Forest

I managed to bag a ticket for this totally amazing event at Chatsworth House last Thursday. Adam gave an enthusiastic, passionate and revealing talk on his immense collection of Christmas Tree brooches of which he has around 8000. There is a part exhibition around 1500 of them along the Christmas route at Chatsworth until January, so look out for them in the north sketch if you are planning on going. The jewellery itself was swoon worthy and this from someone who doesn't really ever wear a brooch, well that is until now. Adam was an absolute bundle of joy and mirth and has led the most extraordinary life and still does. He has just arrived back in Blighty after living in Berlin, but he has done many great things world wide. He really has so many stories to tell I could have sat there all day listening to him. He was such a surprise and subsequently so was the talk. I feel inspired by the man and learnt a lot, of course I told him a few things too, he never knew that Monty Don had made jewellery before he moved onto gardening. I fear I may have started him on another acquisition trail.

3 comments:

  1. What a fascinating collection and all of a similar size as I suppose they would be. Brooches aren't usually enormous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has some show stoppers about 10cms, trouble is they can get heavy then and distort what you're wearing unless on a coat. Our late Queen could pull it off though. Adam showed us a picture of her wearing an enormous diamond snowflake brooch which looked sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a collector of brooches, my jaw has quite literally dropped at seeing this collection of Christmas brooches, and then knowing this is just a fraction of them. 8000, that's quite mind boggling! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...