Saturday 23 December 2023

Champagne !!!!!

Well I never, it appears that 'research' has shown Champers is good for us. Now that is good news. A few glasses a week can ward off dementia and heart disease. The article I read which is in The Saga Magazine says that hospitals even used to prescribe it in the early 20th century, for various ailments including vomiting, imagine that? The aid to memory loss is all down to Champagne's unique phenolic compounds that enhance memory by modulating signals in the brain's memory centres and preserves proteins which diminish with age and which are crucial for memory storage. It can also improve circulation and support heart health. So my best bloging chums it would be foolish of us not to quaff a few glasses this season. I do wish you all the best Christmas and a very happy and fulfilled new year.

12 comments:

  1. It seems I must go and get some champagne :)

    Happy Christmas Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    PS Visiting from Jo at Through The Keyhole blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jan thanks for popping by. Hope you have a good Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Good news indeed! Unfortunately, I've never acquired a passion for champagne. I do enjoy a glass of Proseco on occasion...but a sparkling wine is just not the same as champagne. Cheers in any event. And Merry Christmas Eve Eve.... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll drink some for you and toast your health. Merry Christmas Eve.

      Delete
  3. Haha, as good an excuse as any I've heard! Wishing you and your family a merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pity I don't drink alcohol :-)
    Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much PP. Wishing you all the best for 2024. xx

      Delete
  5. Oh dear not such good new for me as I don't like it, ha ha
    Wishing you a very merry Christmas and all the best for 2024

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Maggie, hope 2024 brings you everything that makes you happy.

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas (& cheers) to you dear Jean. Wishing you a wonderful festive season. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and thanks for popping by and leaving a comment. The new year is upon us, I wish you a Happy New Year in 2024.

      Delete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...