Tuesday 31 August 2021

Glamour, Tea and Muffin Cake

 It's been a busy few days, what with one thing and another, I'm hitting the gym and pool as often as my body will allow and I've started the awful job of painting the garden railings. So a good helping of double pain. Productive though, one hopes.

On a brighter note my lovely mother in law picked two huge bags of damsons for me and so I was forced to make a huge muffin cake. I've never cooked with damsons before and I didn't want to make jam so consulted Google and found a Delia Smith on line recipe. It turned out really well and I think is a much better idea than individual muffins. It feels a wee bit healthy too as it has fresh damsons in it and roughly chopped almonds on top. A great breakfast choice with a strong coffee.


After all my exertions yesterday I decided a cosy up and an old Hitchcock film was the order of the day. Tea and cake also featured. To Catch A Thief was on the telly box and as I haven't watched it in years I really enjoyed it.

Oh the swanky glamour of Cannes, Cary and Grace, unbeatable.


And the best line of the film came when Grace Kelly (Frances Stevens), turned to her mother, Jessie Royce Landis (Jessie Stevens),  and says as they enter the 18th century masquerade ball scene , " my nerves could stand a drink", and her mother says, "your nerves and your mother". 


Who else loves spotting Hitchcock?







2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day to me!! I don't know what I enjoy more - Hitchcock or Dreamy Cary. Of course I would never have seen Alfred in the above scene....my eyes would always be on Cary LOL. Damsons you say??? Your cake looks lovely but, truth be told, I have not heard of damsons before. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damsons are a British relative of the plum. Smaller in size, not sold in shops but do grow wild in some places. My mother in law has a tree in her garden, she makes the most amazing jam with them. If you look top right of the picture of the cake you should be able to see some. Jean. x

      Delete

Morgana Extends A Warm Welcome To My Latest Followers

100 followers and counting. Thank you all.