Wednesday 25 August 2021

Wonderful Day In Hebden Bridge.

 








The Mr and I recently explored Hebden Bridge for the first time and enjoyed ourselves so much we've promised to return and spend longer there. Perhaps take a boat out on the canals for a day and visit the fab old bars and pubs in the evening. It's a boho kind of a place with an old spirit. Lots of nooks and crannies and interesting shops.



I made a few purchases in The Yorkshire Soap Co shop, mainly presents for folk but I did buy some rhubarb and custard tiny bath bons bons for myself.

Walking around the town I spied many facsimile blue plaques stuck to windows on commercial and residential properties, such a nice idea.


We pushed on to Halifax after and had an equally splendid time there. I'll tell you about that in my next post.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a place I would LOVE to visit...you had me at "old spirit" (although I could see that from the very first photo). And seriously, that's soap shop?? The one with all the delectable (looking) goodies??? Wowsers. Love the "who lived here" stories...how fun to stroll through and read them all! Looking forward to seeing photos and reading about your next adventure (yeah, I live vicariously LOL). ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, yes all the fancies in the shop were bath bombs, the smell in there was divine.
      Jean. x

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard of Hebden Bridge but it looks an interesting place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like Hebden Bridge too, lovely shops to have a poke about in. If you like the Yorkshire Soap Co, have you been to Haworth? I love the Cabinet of Curiosities apothecary shop there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jo, I've been once, but it's on my list to go again. Jean. x

      Delete

Time Travelling

On our way to Mr. Straw's house the Mr and I popped along to take a look at Clumber Park. It is a 3,800 acre estate set within Sh...