Thursday 8 July 2021

Taking Stock Ctd

 Just been for a wee walk and a lovely lunch with one of my chums. We were talking about how recently we have both felt uncharacteristically fragile and not on top form. Now we both know why this is, the long haul of covid restrictions and resulting losses have been very upsetting and damaging. and have taken their toll.

We are both doing our utmost to stay positive and do the right things, to keep going through this maelstrom. She has been going on long walks nearly every day and has increased her fitness no end. Today she was helping me select some comfy, sturdy walking boots so I can get out and about a bit more too. I would love to feel more energised and healthier, walking would be a good start for me.

In taking stock I have also resigned from my job. I used to love my work but increasingly the joy has been sucked out of it, leaving only discomfort. Instead I have successfully negotiated a volunteer position working with important antique textiles. It's only one day a week but I'm hopeful it will create some opportunities for me and bring me some joy. 

My biggest decision in 'taking stock' is to look for the joy in life. I don't want to be involved with anything  that does not bring me happiness and joy. It's a tall order, but let's see how I get on. I have always made an effort in life but I shall be doubling my efforts going forward.

I'm aiming to share as many snippets of joy and happiness I can, here on my blog. I don't think they have to be momentous, but hopefully they might spread some light and cheer.






6 comments:

  1. I commend you on your introspection and resolve. I wish you fabulous success in achieving your goals...and know that we will be the fortunate beneficiaries of your joy snippets. Love the 2 you shared. Your new position sounds fascinating. I have always been interested in antique textiles.... Please do share some of what you get to experience in that regard as well...if you can of course. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin. I hope you are well. I do hope to share my new adventures in textiles but will need permission to do so. Trust me, if I can I will. x

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy your new volunteer position and things turn out well for you. I also hope you found some comfy boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Susan. Didn't find any boots in my size, that's the problem with having a size 6 foot, very popular. I'm going to pop to my nearest big town on tuesday and hope to get some then. x

      Delete
  3. It's a big decision to leave a job, whether you enjoy it or not, so well done for making that big leap. I hope the volunteering position brings you lots of joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jo for your good wishes. I felt relief the minute I stopped working there. We'll miss the income, of course, but money is not always the most important consideration, as we all know. Jean. x

      Delete

A Thrifty Tale How To Save Money With Boots No7 Deals & Offers

I use some of the Boots company No 7 beauty skin care range. I was very excited to receive an email a couple of weeks back to say that if I ...