Saturday 17 July 2021

Learning To Be Something Special

 I first heard about the Garden Museum last year and have wanted to visit ever since. It is housed in the Medieval and Victorian church of St Mary-at-Lambeth, in Lambeth Palace Road, London. The museum explores and celebrates British gardens and gardening. So far, so fabulous.

They have the most extraordinary exhibitions, including one I am determined to get to see, Constance Spry and The Fashion For Flowers, 17th May to 26th September. 


Spry was an absolute class act. I can recommend reading, The Surprising Life of Constance Spry by Sue Shephard, if you want to find out all the gossip about her. 

I recieved my Garden Museum newsletter today, which includes several sensational small films about Spry. I have tried to load them onto my post but sadly can't manage to do it. If you have the time pop over to their website by clicking my link above, click on the black and white picture of Spry by a lake and it should take you to all the fun films. They will give you a flavour of her amazingly radical and avante-garde way with blooms.





6 comments:

  1. You have the most excellent adventures! Heading over to peak via the link in the a.m. I am fighting the internet tonight and am declaring defeat...will be picking up my tome instead. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you manage to watch the small films they are wonderful. Jean

      Delete
  2. I have just located my childhood autograph book where I have a card from a flower arrangement competition saying "fresh and gay Constance Spry". I can't remember which prize I won. I see that the local library has the book and will get it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's amazing. I know you'll enjoy the book it's a great read. Jean

      Delete
    2. Lingfield, Surrey, where I grew up was only a small village but someone must have asked her to do the judging and she accepted.

      Delete
    3. That's great isn't it? Such a nice memory.
      Jean

      Delete

A Thrifty Tale How To Save Money With Boots No7 Deals & Offers

I use some of the Boots company No 7 beauty skin care range. I was very excited to receive an email a couple of weeks back to say that if I ...