Friday 24 April 2020

Ups & Downs of Life


Lovely breakfast this morning, a quiet moment without negativity or worry invading my thoughts. These moments are part of the simple joys of life. The aches and pains that have been with me since my 'little accident' in the garden a while back, have started to fade. This was a big contribution to my gayer mood.

Yesterday had not been blessed with the same cheery start. My ole Puss has been unwell since December, her kidneys are failing her. We'd had an emergency dash to the vets on Easter Monday and she has been back another couple of times last week. The night before last I had convinced myself she might not make it to the morning. I slept for a few hours and was up at 5.30 sitting with her thinking that it would be the day we would take her to the vets for the last time. I called the vet and explained, and made an appointment for mid morning. In truth I had been sitting quietly sobbing next to her for a good hour or so. She has been with us for nearly eighteen years, and my do I love that cat.


Well it was as though she heard the call and decided, actually I do want to eat, and I do want to get out of my bed, oh and I fancy running up the stairs to the top where I quite fancy rucking up the carpet with my very sharp claws.
There was a possibility that she had rallied.

Her lovely vet Clare gave her a steroid injection and told her to drink more water. So the ole puss came home with us for a wee while longer. She's in good spirits today and has had a tour of the garden and is now warming her old bones in the sun.


 We're hoping she makes it to her eighteenth birthday on May 13th. We have promised her a banquet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Thrifty Tale How To Save Money With Boots No7 Deals & Offers

I use some of the Boots company No 7 beauty skin care range. I was very excited to receive an email a couple of weeks back to say that if I ...